Your complimentary initial exam appointment will consist of a thorough examination and a discussion of the potential treatment options. We know your time is valuable, so to expedite treatment, we reserve time at this appointment to get diagnostic records (x-rays, photos, and an intraoral scan) to develop an appropriate treatment plan.
During this appointment, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment:
- Is there a condition that orthodontic treatment can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until further growth, tooth eruption, and other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
If it is determined that the patient is ready for orthodontic treatment, Dr. Hesby and our Treatment Coordinator, will then discuss the treatment plan, financial arrangements, appointment scheduling, and if applicable, insurance plan coverage.